The Agilent E1429A digitizer is a C-size, 1-slot, message-based VXI module. It makes 12 bit, 20 MSa/s measurements, and contains two analog channels, memory, timebase, and data paths. The 1429A is functionally identical to the E1429B, except the E1429A does not support local bus.
Ideally suited for transient signals, the E1429A arm/trigger circuits can be programmed to wait for the transient to occur. Up to 128 pre- and post-arm data sets can be stored in its segmentable memory. If power is lost, the E1429A keeps the data intact in its non-volatile memory. Both message- and some register-based programming is supported by the E1429A.
SCPI commands are used to program at a high level. Register-based reads and writes are supported for high-speed data-only access. An on-board voltage reference is used to verify that the E1429A is operational. Attenuators, amplifiers, A/Ds, memory, timebase, and digital circuits are tested upon power-up and upon receipt of the *TST command. The normal path for retrieving data is the VXI data transfer bus. Features:
- 0.05 Sa/s to 20 MSa/s sample rate, 12-bit resolution
- 2 channels of 512 kSa/channel, segmentable memory
- Analysis capability with the E1485A DSP
- Built-in test
- Message-/register-based programming supported
- VXIplug&play frameworks are supported per the Instrument Drivers information listed below