Employment OpportunitiesBack to Jobs List
Metrologist/Experienced Repair Tech
National Test Equipment, located in Oceanside, CA, sells the highest quality reconditioned test and measurement equipment. In addition, we are an industry leader in quality repair and calibration of new and used test equipment.
We currently have an immediate opportunity for an experienced Senior Metrologist. Successful candidates will require:
- A minimum of 8 years associated military or related metrology experience with significant knowledge of Test and Measurement electronics technology. PMEL background preferred,
- Must be able to repair and calibrate GPTE and Microwave Test and Measurement Equipment. Strong circuit theory is required with established troubleshooting techniques and testing methods to component level.
- Must be proficient with Network & Spectrum analyzers, microwave sweepers/signal generators, phase noise systems, communications equipment and cellular protocols.
- Experience with Automated Test Stations and calibration software covering multiple platforms (HP Basic, HPIL, HPVEE, HTBasic/Transera, Metcal, Surecal, VeeCal, STE9000, VXI) one or more of these is required to be considered. Experienced programmers and or debuggers would be preferred.
- Candidate must have repair strengths in both new and late model Hewlett Packard (Agilent), Rohde and Schwarz, Tektronix, Anritsu, Advantest type test equipment with the ability to troubleshoot to component level. Strong soldering skills in SMT and thru-hole technology required.
- Applicant must have a sound knowledge of MIL-STD-45662A, ANSI/NCSL Z540, ISO 9000 Quality procedures.
- Must possess excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills with a strong emphasis on customer service.
- Teamwork related attitude is required.
- Core Benefits
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health Plan Liaison
- Comprehensive Benefits
- 401(k) with employer match
- Employer Sponsored Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Medical, Family Care and Military Leave
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Supplemental Benefits
- Supplemental Life Insurance Benefits
- Dell Computer Employee Purchase Program
National Test Equipment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.Back to Jobs List